With the money raised at our Pick of the Litter thrift store, FOLCAS pays for the spay & neuter of the animals at the Lincoln County Animal Shelter and also provides financial assistance for local pet guardians who need help affording medical care, dental care, & spay/neuter for their pets.
We're grateful to have been able to maintain our full level of program services throughout the pandemic period even though we had to close the store for 5 1/2 months in 2020 and again in September of this year.
In addition to our rainy day reserves, we have been able to keep up with our commitments thanks to
• Donations from many individuals in Lincoln County and beyond
• Donations from local businesses, notably Grocery Outlet
• Annual & supplemental grants from the So Hum Foundation of Portland
• Social service agency grants from Lincoln County
• PPP loans/grants from the Small Business Administration
• Charitable fundraising programs run by Fred Meyer, the Oregon Beverage
Recycling Cooperative, Amazon Smile, Rite Aid, Planet Green Recycle, Goodsearch.com,
and WoofTrax (see the DONATE page for details)
• Merchandise sales through our volunteer-managed eBay store
Our county’s animals and the people who care for them thank and salute you all!
Store hours are now
Thurs thru Sat -- 10am to 4pm
We recommend calling ahead for Thrift Store shopping and donation hours and conditions as both are subject to change in these unpredictable times. 541-574-1861.
Thank you for your understanding!
Friends of Lincoln County Animals, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing funding and assistance to the Lincoln County Animal Shelter and help for other domesticated animals in the county.
Local artist Julie Lamberson has brought a bright new spirit to the premises with her wonderful mural.
You can see many other examples of Julie’s work around town and at julielamberson.com.
2020 FOLCAS PROGRAM SERVICES
Most of the photos on this website were taken by Pick of the Litter store manager Yvonne Frausto and volunteer coordinator Brian Kinkaid
To support and advance the health and well-being of domesticated animals in Lincoln County, Oregon
Thanks to our community’s support, FOLCAS was able to provide $105.8K in aid to the animals of Lincoln County in 2020:
☐ Support for shelter animals: $37.8K
• Direct payments to local vets for spay & neuter, rabies vaccinations, & microchipping of shelter animals (272 shelter animals fixed)
☐ Support for local pets:
• spay/neuter subsidies $22K (488 animals fixed)
• veterinary medical care $26K (273 animals helped)
• veterinary dental care $20K (79 animals helped)
☐ In 2022 we anticipate passing $1 million in animal services spending and 10,000 animals helped.
Friends of Lincoln
FOLCAS | PO Box 2264 | Newport, OR 97365 | (541) 961-5852
Copyright © 2009 - 2021 by Friends of Lincoln County Animals (FOLCAS). All rights reserved.
Webmaster & Web Site Services provided by Phil @ Around Town Publications, LLC