Friends of Lincoln
To support and advance the health and well-being of domesticated animals in Lincoln County, Oregon
Local artist Julie Lamberson has brought a bright new spirit to the premises with her wonderful mural.
You can see many other examples of Julie’s work around town and at julielamberson.com.
2021 FOLCAS PROGRAM SERVICES
Store hours are now
Thurs thru Sat -- 10am to 4pm
We recommend calling ahead for Thrift Store shopping and donation hours and conditions as both are subject to change in these unpredictable times. 541-574-1861.
Thank you for your understanding!
Friends of Lincoln County Animals, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing funding and assistance to the Lincoln County Animal Shelter and help for other domesticated animals in the county.
Thanks to our community’s support, FOLCAS was able to provide $144.7K in aid to the animals of Lincoln County in 2021 (a 36% increase over 2020):
☐ Support for shelter animals: $65.2K
• Direct payments to local vets for spay & neuter, rabies vaccinations, & microchipping of shelter animals (393 shelter animals fixed)
☐ Support for local pets:
• spay/neuter subsidies $32.4K (423 animals fixed)
• veterinary medical care $27.1K (207 animals helped)
• veterinary dental care $20K (60 animals helped)
☐ Total spending on direct animal services since our founding in 2009 (as of year end 2021) equals $1,001,000!
As of year end 2021
FOLCAS has spent
OVER ONE MILLION DOLLARS
on direct help for the shelter animals
and pets of Lincoln County!
With the money raised at our Pick of the Litter thrift store, FOLCAS pays for the spay & neuter of the animals at the Lincoln County Animal Shelter and also provides financial assistance for local pet guardians who need help affording medical care, dental care, & spay/neuter for their pets.
We're grateful to have been able to maintain our full level of program services throughout the pandemic period even though we had to close the store for 5 1/2 months in 2020 and again in September 2021.
In addition to our rainy day reserves, we have been able to keep up with our commitments thanks to
• Donations from many individuals in Lincoln County and beyond
• Donations from local businesses
• Annual & supplemental grants from the So Hum Foundation of Portland
• Social service agency grants from Lincoln County and the City of Newport
• PPP loans/grants from the Small Business Administration
• Charitable fundraising programs run by Fred Meyer, the Oregon Beverage
Recycling Cooperative, Amazon Smile, Rite Aid, Ace Hardware, Planet Green Recycle, Goodsearch.com,
and WoofTrax (see the DONATE page for details)
• Merchandise sales through our volunteer-managed eBay store
Our county’s animals and the people who care for them thank and salute you all!
Most of the photos on this website were taken by Pick of the Litter store manager Yvonne Frausto and volunteer coordinator Brian Kinkaid
FOLCAS | PO Box 2264 | Newport, OR 97365 | (541) 961-5852
Copyright © 2009 - 2022 by Friends of Lincoln County Animals (FOLCAS). All rights reserved.
Friends of Lincoln County Animals (FOLCAS)
dba Pick of the Litter Thrift Store
PO Box 2264, Newport, OR 9365
541-961-5852 * www.folcas.com
The FOLCAS Mission: to support and advance the health and
well-being of domesticated animals in Lincoln County, Oregon
Webmaster & Web Site Services provided by Phil @ Around Town Publications, LLC