The flagship of FOLCAS’s fundraising operations is the Pick of the Litter thrift store, opened in July 2009 in a building at the County Fairgrounds in Newport. Thanks to our ever-growing ranks of donors, shoppers, and volunteers, Pick of the Litter has become a thriving success, filled with terrific bargains and fabulous finds. There are new items every day!
We gratefully accept donations. That's how we can help animals! Our donation center is open Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 AM to 3:30 PM and Sunday from noon to 3:30 PM.
Clean, good quality items in good repair and working order are greatly appreciated. Space and safety considerations mean that we cannot accept certain items, including:
• Unlaundered clothing, bedding, linens
• Used mattresses, box springs, futons, hide-a-bed sofas, foam pads, bed pillows
• Worn or soiled upholstered furniture, large particle board furniture
• Large appliances, older microwaves
• Printers, copiers, fax machines, older (CRT) televisions or computer monitors
• Baby cribs, high chairs, car seats, strollers, playpens
• Large exercise & fitness equipment
• Unframed mirrors or glass
• Window blinds, traverse rods
• Encyclopedia sets
• Hazardous substances
• Any item that is in disrepair or may be unsafe, unsanitary, or unsalable
If you have any questions, please call the store at 541-574-1861.
Please note that there may be times when we will be unable to receive donations during normal hours. If you are making a trip from far away, or if your donations are large in size or quantity, it is best to make receiving arrangements in advance by calling the store at 541-574-1861. Thank you for your understanding.
The Pick of the Litter Thrift Store Needs a New Manager
POTL raises 95% of the funding for FOLCAS's programs for Lincoln County shelter animals and pets ($100K+ / yr).
* hands-on working position: physical exertion and driving * coordinate work of the volunteers * 40 hours a week. Tues - Sat, paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation after 6 months * salary commensurate with experience & qualifications * retail experience desirable. Background check required. Equal opportunity employer
Send resume and cover letter by July 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 2264, Newport 97365
Store Manager: Charlie Nelson,
All proceeds benefit both the Animal Shelter and other efforts to assist domesticated animals in Lincoln County.
"Pick of the Litter," established in 2009, is a volunteer operation, except for the store manager. Its success is entirely due to the cadre of hard-working and dedicated community members who give generously of their time and skills.
Volunteers are always needed. Please call the store or stop in and pick up a volunteer application if you’d like to join the fun!
Our volunteer team and the hours they donate to our efforts each month continue to grow, but we can always use more help. Every net dollar we earn through store sales and donations helps Lincoln County animals.
Click on the text (link) below. A PDF file will load. Print it and fill out the application. Bring it in to the Thrift Store.
633 NE Third Street, Newport
To view map (on the Lincoln County Commons (Fairgrounds) – enter through the gate just east of the high school, between Eads and Harney streets)
To support and advance the health and well-being of domesticated animals in Lincoln County, Oregon
Friends of Lincoln
FOLCAS | PO Box 2264 | Newport, OR 97365 | (541) 961-5852 | E-mail
Copyright © 2019 Friends of Lincoln County Animals. All rights reserved.